StreetSpace offers: sessions in our space in Knowle West, one-to-one or small groups working with individuals both in and out of school, detached youth work on the streets and more.
We aim to provide consistent and inspirational relationships with young people through creating a safe space away from the streets in which to experience real respect and hopefully, grasp a wider view upon the world in which we live. This will increase their confidence, knocking down the socially implanted walls between the young person and their dreams.
The object of the CIO is:
1. For the public benefit, to advance in life and help young people by:
- providing recreational and leisure time activities in the interest of social welfare, designed to improve their conditions of life;
- providing support and activities which develop their skills, capacities and capabilities to enable them to participate in society as mature and responsible individuals.
These activities will take place primarily but not exclusively in Knowle West, Bristol.
StreetSpace Knowle is led by a Board of Trustees. The Board’s main responsibilities are to:
- Oversee the charity’s finances, ensuring we remain solvent and not exposed to undue risk.
- Oversee the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Ensure the charity complies with the law and pursues its objects as set out in its governing document.
- Ensure adherence to relevant legislation (e.g. Health, Safety & Wellbeing, Safeguarding of young people, HR).
- To take overall responsibility for the charity’s performance.
Our board meets five times per year with additional meetings when matters arise which require attention.